Are you interested in talking to me or anyone else in the Online Technologies Lab? If so, please use the contact form below! You can also contact me via Twitter, if you’re so inclined.
For those interested in being in the Online Technologies Lab, please read below:
- Transcribe mini-interviews with FGC tournament attendees
- Assist with data management (including coding) and data analysis
- Provide support for projects by organizing materials
- Lab readings
- Opportunities to assist with literature reviews, manuscript writing, and conference presentations
- Other research tasks
- Preferable to commit to at least one full academic year in the lab (3 quarters)
- Interest in qualitative and/or quantitative research
- Highly motivated, reliable and independent worker
- Experience with gaming community nice but not required
- Weekly lab meetings when possible, or if necessary, one-on-one meetings with lab manager\
- 2-credit independent study (PSY 399, upper level psychology elective) = 4 hours
- 4-credit independent study (PSY 399, upper level psychology elective) or JYEL (PSY 397) = 8 hours
- Volunteer position = flexible
If you are interested in joining our lab, please use the contact form above and include the following:
- Contact information for a reference person (this can be the email address of a psychology professor or past advisor who can speak briefly about your abilities to work within a research lab)
- 1-2 paragraph description of your experiences and why you are interested in joining our lab.
If you have any questions or if you would like more information about the lab, please use the contact form above.